Sonya Stone is an on location photographer in Western North Carolina specializing in portraits of all kinds, especially children and families. You can see more of her work and find information about booking a session at her web site...www.sonyastone.com.

Friday, February 15, 2008

what have I been doing?

I noticed that I have not been out shooting much lately, and wondered "what have I been doing?" thought you might have wondered too. My focus has been almost entirely on the effort to get direct entry midwives licensed in NC. Just a couple of days ago, I went to Raleigh to speak before the NC House Select Committee on Licensing Midwives. It was humbling to be invited to speak on behalf of home birth families, and so exciting to be a part of change. If you want to check out the issues, visit the North Carolina Friends of Midwives at www.ncfom.org.

No comments: