Sonya Stone is an on location photographer in Western North Carolina specializing in portraits of all kinds, especially children and families. You can see more of her work and find information about booking a session at her web site...www.sonyastone.com.

Tuesday, June 24, 2008

i'm back

wow, I'm so sorry...I had slipped off the face of the blogging world for a week there! whew, well, I'm back. And I have some catching up to do. As I read some of my most recent posts, I realized I already gave all the excuses I have for being busy...moving hubby's office, starting a cooperative learning program for my kids, bookkeeping, lobbying for midwifery, etc. So yes, I'll pull up my big girl panties and get back to talking about photography.

I will say that it is a great thing to realize that photography is a wonderful outlet for me. I am moved by images. I always have been. I can sit and look at my photo albums for hours. It stirs all the emotion of that moment, that time in my life.

And for those images of the people I photograph, they engage me too. It is the focus, the moment of reflection on who that person is to me. It is like a meditation...an art that I have always believed I am not skilled in...but here I am, meditating on the image of a person who I have gotten to know and focusing on the spirit that is represented.

Yesterday, I worked on our clinic's bookkeeping, and I took a break to edit some photos. Not because I had to but because it was a welcome break, a reconnecting to what I enjoy.

So here are a few that I enjoyed working on and I think you'll like them too. This is Jen and her family. I looove this image because this is the real deal...this is who they are, what fun!



1 comment:

Unknown said...

These all look great but that second one is priceless!