Sonya Stone is an on location photographer in Western North Carolina specializing in portraits of all kinds, especially children and families. You can see more of her work and find information about booking a session at her web site...www.sonyastone.com.

Thursday, January 9, 2014

2014 The Year of Gratitude

I have been rolling over in my head that New Year's theme of resolutions, commitments, improvements. I am not the most disciplined in keeping those so instead I am resolving to set intentions. A few select values that are meaningful to me that I want to expand in this year. Right at the top of that list is Gratitude. For me awareness and appreciation of the circumstances of life are essential to my happiness. I am blessed in many ways and I hope that sharing my blessings with you will remind you to take a moment to give thanks for yours.

I took this yesterday...only a few hours before this boy teamed with his twin sister to create one of the most disastrous messes of my parenting career. I was so mad. And when I think about it, I am still pretty upset. But when I look at this, at him, I see that beautiful boy who is curious and wondering. He is seeking and providing excitement! He is giving and calling for love no matter the messes. And I will give it.


1 comment:

Unknown said...

I had to fight through the tears to make this post, I LOVE YOU!!! <3 You are an incredible mother. An inspiration. Keep up the good work! Aho. The messes. Aho. Life is messy, isn't it?